Colossal Round Jelly Roll Rug Pattern
This trendy new pattern is easy to follow and a blast to make!
Create a colourful area rug using a Jelly-Roll (if you don't have a pre-made Jelly Roll bundle, you can also create your own strips) and 100% cotton batting. Our choice is to use either of these 2 packages of pre-cut strips:
This patterns requires zero wrapping, braiding, weaving or crocheting - just pure sewing bliss!
You will need a sewing machine that will make at least a 5mm wide zig-zag.
- Size 12-16 Jeans Sewing Machine Needle
- Mary Ellen’s Best Press
- Batting Seam Tape (if your cutting your own batting strips)
- Hand Sewing Needle
Colossal Round Rug – Approx. 54” Area Rug
- 2 forty-piece collections of 2 ½” strips or 80 strips,
- 2 ½” yards of 100% cotton batting (90-96” wide) or 100 yards of Bosal 2 ½” Katahdin-On-A-Roll
- Thread: at least 2000 yards to blend or contrast with your fabrics.
The Smaller Jelly-Roll Rug
- Approx. 38” Area Rug shown on the inside front cover.
- 1 Jelly Roll or 40-42 2/12” strips
- 1 ½” yards 100% cotton batting (90-96” wide) or 50 yards of Bosal 2 ½” Katahdin-On-A-Roll
- Thread: at least 1200 yards.
- You will need a sewing machine that will make at least a 5mm wide zig-zag.