Sew-On Inkjet Printable Fabric Sheets work with any inkjet printer or inkjet copier and are colourfast and washable. Personalize quilts and sewing projects with your favorite photos and/or writing. These cotton fabric sheets have a paper-like print quality and retain images clarity and color even after washing! They are soft and pliable, making them easy to sew with.
200 thread count pima cotton fabric
Each sheet is 8.5" x 11" (aka letter size)
Resists fading from light exposure.
Ideal for printing photos, patterns, images or designs of any type.
Apply to quilts, pillows, scrapbooks, clothing or any item you want to personalize.
Store leftover sheets flat in original package to prevent curling of edges.
1. On your computer, prepare the image you wish to print.
2. Set printing parameters at “Best” for the print quality and “Plain Paper” for the paper type. We recommend using standard inkjet inks rather than special photo inks. Photo inks are designed for best results on glossy photo paper and do not produce vibrant images on Printed Treasures fabric sheets.
3. Print first on regular printer paper to test ink coverage, image clarity, size and placement.
4. Cut (do not pull) any loose threads from the Printed Treasures sheet.
5. Load Printed Treasures sheet in printer tray so image prints on fabric side. Follow your printer’s directions for loading instructions.
6. Print image.
7. Allow ink to dry completely, (approximately one minute).
8. Slowly peel paper backing from the Printed Treasures® fabric sheet.
9. Before sewing, we recommend removing any excess ink that may be resting on the fabric surface. This can be done by submerging your fabric sheet in an oversized bowl that is overflowing with a constant stream of cold water. Keep fabric sheet submerged for approximately one to two minutes. The water will carry off any excess ink, and prevent it from attaching to other areas of the sheet. Do not twist, or wring out, simply lay flat to dry.
10. Once dry, the sheet is ready to use.
Care For Completed Printed Treasures Projects
As needed, hand or machine wash in cold water using the gentle cycle and a mild detergent.
Air or machine dry using low heat.
After washing or rinsing, Printed treasures is iron friendly using the lowest steam setting (silk or wool).
For best results, avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
Not for use with Laser Printers or Commercial Copiers.
Not suitable for children’s sleepwear.
We like to use these fussy cut rulers whenever we print on these fabric sheets. It makes it so much easier to know where to cut to make sure everything is centered.